- Westside Baptist Church is glad to welcome newcomers to our Worship Service. Please fill out a guest record card and return it to the ushers or greeters so that we may keep in touch with you. Westside would also like to invite Christians attending our services regularly to consider making Westside their spiritual home. Please contact the pastoral staff or deacons if you are interested.
- English WBC101 has started for those who want to know more about Christianity, or who are interested in transferring their membership. But if you are still interested to know more about the basics of Christianity, please contact Pastor Gladys for details.
- Bulletins will not be printed for the English worship services, so church volunteers are asked to check their duties online via googledocs. A hard copy of the duty list will also be posted in the foyer. Please call the church office and speak with Roberta about any duty shift changes.
- All are welcome to enjoy a simple meal that will be served every week after the service at a cost of $5. To pre-purchase meal tickets, contact Joyce Lai or Shera Ng, or register through the English Ministry Facebook page. The deadline is Wednesday each week. Meal tickets purchased at the door will be $6 upon availability.
- The new GZone youth group for Grade 7-12 teens and youths will meet every Saturday in Room F from 8:00pm to 10:00pm. Please contact Pastor Gladys for further information.
- Childcare is provided for children under 3 in Room B during the worship service.
- There will be small group gatherings every Saturday at 8pm after the community meal. Come and get connected with one another and learn about small group life through “Regroup”. All are welcome. We will be splitting into two groups starting from July. Please contact Pastor Gladys if you are interested in joining a small group.
- Church prayer meetings are held every Saturday at 5:00pm in Room F. All are encouraged and welcome to attend.
- A storage locker (12’ x 12’) is currently available. The rent is $110 plus tax per month. Please contact the office if you are interested in renting the locker.
- A new coffee/hot chocolate machine has been installed in the foyer. Freshly brewed decaf, dark-roasted coffee or hot chocolate are all available at 50 cents a cup. Hot water is also available free of charge. Brothers and sisters are encouraged to be eco-friendly and bring their own mugs or use the ceramic cups inside the cupboard. Please wash them after use.
- The church office will be closed on July 3 (Tuesday) as a lieu day for the regular day off on Monday.
- July 1 (2:00pm – 5:00pm) – Come and celebrate Canada Day with us at Westside’s Annual Block Party! It’s a day of family-friendly fun and excitement with face painting, a bouncy castle, cotton candy, refreshments, carnival games, and much more! Volunteers are needed to come at 10:30am on the Sunday morning to help set up. Please contact Pastor Gladys or Alexandra for more information. Also, if you want to help in the English Ministry booth, please contact Joanna and Clemmie. The upper parking lot will be closed on July 1 morning due to setting up for the event.
- Westside’s Annual Summer Camp will be held on Aug 4-6 at Delta Whistler Village Suites. The theme this year is “Light Among My People.” Full Camp registration is now closed. However, Day camp registration (Commuter) is now open until July 28. $30 per person. Summer camp T-shirts is available for online ordering.
- Church Prayer Meeting (English Congregation)
- English Worship Service
Saturdays 6:00pm -7:30pm
- Small Groups for All Ages
Saturdays 8:00pm -10:00pm
- Youth & Teens Ministry “GZone”
Saturdays 8:00pm – 10:00pm
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) – Badminton
Every other Sunday 8:00pm – 10:00pm
Venue: Ace Badminton @ 9151 Van Horne Way, Richmond
Next game: July 1
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) – Board Games
Last Sunday of the month 8:30pm
Next game: July 29