Pictures from the 2013 Christmas Dinner Santa Claus Photo Booth has been uploaded to the Church's Facebook page. If you would like to get the original file for any of the photo, simply e-mail the photo number to email@example.com, and we will e-mail it to you. Thanks!!
Sunday, 23 December 2012
Saturday, 22 December 2012
- The net proceeds of the charity activities (dinner, auction, photo booth, selling honey and clothing drive) this year is approximately $2,800. This amount will be evenly donated to Vancouver Food Bank and Union Gospel Mission. Thank you all for your participation and donations.
- 2013 altar flowers sign up sheet has been posted on the bulletin board. Each time cost $22. Donation can be made in January 2013.
- Church office will be closed for the Christmas holidays on December 25 and 26.
- Changes of the Chinese Congregation in 2013
- Prayer meeting will be held on Sundays between 9:30am – 10:30am.
- Christian Education courses will be held once a month on the last Sundays of the month between 2:00pm – 5:00pm.
- Agenda of Annual General Meeting on January 27, 2013
- Pastoral Sharing
- Deacons’ Sharing
- 2012Financial Report
- To approve 2013 Financial Budget
- Amendments of the by-laws concerning the termination of membership as follow:
- 1.5.3 By the Church Council after faithful efforts made to bring an errant
or inactive memberto repentance and/or amendment has been unsuccessful.
- 1.5.4 By the Church Council if an inactive member is known to be serving actively in another church, or has not been a resident of Vancouver and has been inactive for a period of 3 years or more.
Tuesday, 18 December 2012
|Rental Income, Interest and Others||$51,476||$51,548|
|Administration & Grounds||$230,906||$236,826|
|CBWCF Loan Repayments||$70,015||$79,842|
|General surplus (deficit)||($36,786)||$1,260|
|Other than Regular Loan Repayments||$160,000|
|Net Loan Repayments ( Loan Proceeds)||$90,000|
|CBWCF Loan Payable||$28,262|
|Net Loan Repayments ( Loan Proceeds)||($173,335)|
|Congregational Loan Payables||$491,912|
|Net Loan Repayments ( Loan Proceeds)||($83,335|
Renovation Capital Campaign（October 2011 - November 2012)
Note: Cheques for the church should be made payable to "Westside Baptist Church." Please do not use abbreviations.
Saturday, 1 December 2012
- Bulletins will not be printed for the English worship services, so church volunteers are asked to check their duties online via googledocs. A hard copy of the duty list will also be posted in the foyer. Please contact Deacon Peter Cheung (praise team) or David Ng (hospitality) about any duty shift changes.
- Don’t go home hungry! Join us for the community meal after Saturday evening worship services. Fees are $6 per person. Please contact Joyce or Shera to pre-order by Thursday each week. Our small groups meet every Saturday at 8pm after the community meal.
- Come and get connected with one another and learn about small group life. All are welcome. Please contact Pastor Gladys if you are interested in joining a small group.
- Church prayer meetings are held every Saturday at 5:00pm in Room F. All are encouraged and welcome to attend.
- The Awana Program is on Friday evenings from 7:30pm – 9:30pm. Classes include Preschool, Kindergarten to Grade 2, and Grades 3 to 6. Club time on Friday evenings will take a temporary break starting from December, and regular club time will resume on January 11, 2013. Online registration is still available at: www.westsideawana.blogspot.com. Middle School Awana classes are on Sundays at 11am.
- Struggling with quadratics? Need help with an essay? Come and meet with our experienced tutors through WBC’s academic assistance program, or better known as the Homework Fellowship, for students in Grades 8-12 on Sundays 2:00pm – 5:00pm starting September 16. Drop-in fees for Grades 8-10 is $7 per visit or $20 per month. Fees for Grades 11-12 is $10 per visit or $30 per month. For details, contact Peter Cheung.
- There were 71 members attended the deaconship election on November 25. Result of the election is as follow: Justin Chen for election as a new deacon: 65 in support; 6 abstained; 0 against. Lily Liu for election as a new deacon: 66 in support; 5 abstained; 0 against. Tsz-Lam Mak for election as a new deacon: 68 in support; 3 abstained; 0 against.
- As a collection centre for the Operation Christmas Child project, the church has received 1581 shoe box gifts this year and 193 are from the church internal collection. Thank you all for their participation.
- Combined small group gatherings will be held on December 7 and December 14 at 7:30pm in the main hall. The topical study is “Effective Stewardship”. All small groups are welcome to join.
- The first draft of the 2013 church directory has been posted at the back of the hall. If you wish to give the church consent to publish your contact information for inter-congregation communication purposes, please provide a signature beside your name by December 1, 2012. Please note that your information is held strictly confidential and will not be published unless you have given your express consent. Please also note that the church directory is solely a communication tool, and must not be used for commercial purposes.
- For those who would like to receive pre-printed offering envelopes (monthly, 12 in total), please sign up on the form at the back of the hall by December 1, 2012.
- Fresh off the press! The 2013 Church Calendar, marked with important dates, is now available! Get your copy from one of the ushers after the worship service today. Haul out the holly and mark your calendars!
- WBC is hosting a charity clothing drive until December 16. Details have been posted on the bulletin board and the church website. Net proceeds will be donated to the Vancouver Food Bank and Union Gospel Mission. Please bring your clothing donations to Room G after worship services.
- The WBC Annual Christmas Charity Dinner will be held on the evening of December 16 this year. This family favorite event will feature a fabulous feast, festive music, a holiday-themed photo booth, and other fun festivities! Come out and bid on valuable and unique gifts at our charity auction or make a freewill offering. Net proceeds will go to benefit the Vancouver Food Bank and Union Gospel Mission. Tickets are $12 per adult and $6 per child aged 4-10. Kids 3 & under are free! There have even been rumours that Santa may make a special guest appearance that evening, so don’t miss out!
- DONATIONS WANTED! Gifts to be sold at the Christmas Charity Auction are now being collected. We are accepting: new items of value; unique and valuable vintage items; and unused and non-expired gift certificates, gift cards, or gift vouchers (e.g. Groupons). Items should be new or in excellent condition. Contact Alexandra for details. Please note that the Church reserves the right to refuse any donations, and unsold gifts will be returned to donors. Thank you for your support!
- Christmas is a time to celebrate and share the joy and hope in the birth of our Savior. Let us re-experience this through a special event called ‘Miracles of Christmas’. It will be held on Dec 22 at 8:00pm. Invite your friends and family to come and share in this special evening of praises, stories sharing and snacks.
- Church Prayer Meeting (English Congregation)
- English Worship Service
Saturdays 6:00pm -7:30pm
- Small Groups for All Ages
Saturdays 8:00pm -10:00pm
- Youth & Teens Ministry “GZone” (Grades 7-12)
Saturdays 8:00pm – 10:00pm
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) – Board Games
Last Sunday of the month 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Next game: November 25
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) – Badminton
Every other Sunday 8:00pm – 10:00pm
Venue: Ace Badminton Court, 9151 Van Horne Way, Richmond, BC
Next game: December 2